Jo Evans and Sue Gibbings have been working hard along the concrete driveway.
1. planting kumarahou seedlings collected from local roadside
2. scattering kumarahou and whau seeds on the bare clay
3. staking many of the seedlings planted there
4. pulling out small gorse seedlings and moth-plants
5. cutting larger (flowering) gorse at ground level and painting with Vigilant.
Four weeks ago they joined forces with Margaret and Alistair Scott where they worked in the same area.
We look forward to seeing the results of their efforts during the summer months.